Tue, Aug 25|
Community Conversations #1 - SEITIES Artist Night
Seities Virtual Click Community Programming Theme: Resiliency for analogue photographers
Time & Location
Aug 25, 2020, 6:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m. MDT
About the Event
REGISTRATION NOW OPEN
Join Sanja Lukac and Kirsten White as we come together as a photography community to talk about resiliency during this pandemic.
We hear you, and want to talk together about the impact that the pandemic has had on your art practices. How have you been adapting to this new world and are their ways we can help each other flourish as photographers during this difficult time? Kirsten will also be able to bring her knowledge about mental health and stress and we can discuss ways our community can foster resiliency.
We will begin our virtual conversation with an update on SEITIES and upcoming programming, this introduction will be recorded. The remainder of the event will not be recorded.
· You will logon to Zoom using the pw sent to you. You may join 10 minutes prior to the start time.
· We ask all participants to be on time but will admit people into our discussion 15 minutes after start time. Any later and we will not be able to admit.
· Facilitators will admit people.
· Please ensure your video and audio are turned off when entering the room.
· Sanja and Kirsten will begin the community conversation night with a brief introduction that will be recorded. Once we stop this recording, we will open the video to allow people to introduce themselves via video or chat.
· Then we will begin our short introduction to the topic and start the conversation with the topic of resiliency.
WHATS THE STRUCTURE?
· Sanja and Kirsten will put forth a general question where will allow anyone to comment on that specific question. We hope to keep it brief sharing, but encourage a discussion about the question being asked.
· The chat feature will available to connect or share thoughts while others are speaking.
-When there has been significant discussion on the question, Sanja and Kirsten will bring to the group another question that has come up.
- We ask that all questions be typed in the chat feature so that we can bring them up and monitor the time, topic, and focus of the discussion.
-It may feel a little strange to have a conversation in this way, but it will hopefully feel more like you are all on a panel discussion where Sanja and I ask the group questions to speak to.
· Please be mindful that this event will only be 2 hours and we want to be able to allow as many people to share a few minutes each.
· This is meant to be casual conversation and a chance to get to know others in the community. We want to refrain from too much of a lecture or showcase of artist works.
As we monitor the zoom community meeting, we encourage artists to respectfully ask questions and share some examples of resiliency. This community gathering is meant to be a safe place for everyone to discuss respectfully about the intended topic. We encourage all artists to participate in the discussion.
Registration will be open: Thursday AUGUST 13th @ 930AM MDT
Members will be allowed to register 3 days early.
We will have open registration up to 50 registrations. Please RSVP. A waitlist will be open.
All participants must let us know if they can no longer attend. Cancellation is free and notice is appreciated so we can open the spot.
Waitlist participants will be notified of admittance no later than the day prior to the event. Waitlist participants that are unable to attend the event, will be notified of a follow up event.
All participants will be sent a Zoom link with password, this will be emailed to you 2 days before the event.
All participants agree to our code of conduct (also will be emailed 2 days before the event) when you RSVP. Any violation of this code will mean removal from the event. We will have a monitor for the events.
COST: Free *consider making a small donation*
This event is part of our virtual progamming made possible by the Rozsa Foundation and CADA.
Community Conversations #1: TOPIC resiliency as an analogue photographer. You will be emailed the zoom invite information 2 days before the event. Please let us know if you need to cancel. We will also let you know more about Zoom and our code of conduct for online meetings when we send you the invite link,